Write Them Down

by - 11:54 PM


Lately, I find myself complaining passively and actively especially about my thesis. And I realize that it's been piling up until I noticed that I overlooked the blessings that God has given me. So I prayed to God on how I can practice gratitude again. And indeed He gave me an answer -- journaling.

I've been doing it on and off for years. It's just recently that I wrote on a regular basis. One, because the majority of the Christian vloggers and preachers that I follow on Youtube suggest journaling for devotion and/or gratitude writing. Two, I just personally love writing down random thoughts and ideas these days because I consume so many books and videos more than my brain can handle sometimes.

What I also appreciate about journaling especially in my times of doubt and ungratefulness is that whenever I read my past journals of gratitude or prayer or just some random subtle but happy thoughts, it's always as if my past self is writing my present self on how to be grateful; on how to appreciate the simplest of things even (and perhaps especially) in times of failure.

I'd also like to believe that while I was writing these journals, God is revealing to me a message. And reading them again today, it's a gentle reminder from Jesus that I can put my perspective back to Him.

Here's one of the journals that I wrote over a week ago that gave me hope today:


Dear Lord, thank you for reminding me today that sometimes it's not in the loud and big moments that I can feel and see your miracles and presence. Instead, it's in those quiet and subtle things. In my quiet times with you everyday, I am reminded by Your great love for me. Because more often that not, I distant myself when things get difficult when all the more I should be holding on to you more than ever -- when things don't make sense. And my thesis doesn't make sense now, Lord. But I'm grateful for the progress. Help me to hold on to you no matter what the circumstance. Remind me everyday of what's trivial and what's essential. Romans 12:1-2 "So then, my friends, because of God's great mercy to us, I appeal to you: offer yourselves as a living sacrifice to God, dedicated to His service and pleasing to Him. This is the true worship that you should offer. Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God -- what is good and is pleasing to Him and is perfect." 

You May Also Like

0 Comments