My Love for Ed Sheeran

by - 12:56 PM


It all started way back in 2012 when I heard Give Me Love in one of the episodes of The Vampire Diaries- which was also my favorite scene of #Klaroline and #Delena. Trust me, it was the perfect song. Check this out:


It was so beautiful that I just had to listen to the whole song. That's when I found out about Ed's music. His debut album '+' was released the previous year and I realized it was not too late to join the club. This may sound really dramatic but his music just captured my heart in a way that no other music had. It lightens up my mood and uplifts me in seconds. Deep. But that's not to say I don't appreciate other artists- I do, of course. Anyway, Kiss Me, another song from the album was featured in season 4 of TVD again. And it has also become one of my favorite songs in '+'.


I mean it's hard to pick just one song. My personal favorites would have to be Small Bump, This, Kiss Me, Give Me Love and Gold Rush. But I love the entire album. This was actually my summer jam during my OJT at Cebu last 2013. My friends had no other choice but to listen to this album on loop for 2 months. But then again, they kept on mocking me so we're even. Haha.

Of course, I couldn't get enough of Ed Sheeran. I watched all his live performances on Youtube, even interviews. He could do wonders with his unbelievable voice, his martin guitar and the loop station. Incredible talent.

So when he announced that he'd be releasing a new album... I DID MY WAITING! 12 YEARS OF IT! IN AZKABAN!



And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, Multiply 'x' came out with even more lovely songs. So I immediately downloaded all the lyrics of the songs and added the album to my Spotify playlist. I'm in love with Don't, Photograph, Tenerife Sea, Thinking Out Loud (yes, even though it's a bit tortured) and Afire Love.

My respect for Ed has increased even more when I found out that he wrote One Direction's Little Things and Justin Bieber's Love Yourself (and Cold Water). And many more! If he had included Little Things in one of his albums, I could imagine it in 'x'. And Love Yourself would probably be on his latest album. But that's just me.

So then after Ed's hiatus and a 3-year gap from his previous album, he released earlier this March his best album by far - Divide. 



Dive, Perfect, Happier, What Do I Know, How Would You Feel and Supermarket Flowers (shameless cover here) are my top songs on this album. It's taking the music world by storm. Conquering charts after charts. There's no stopping this guy.

Is it normal to feel possessive right now? Haha. I feel like the world should know him but at the same time, I just want to keep his music to myself. But no matter, I'm sure Ed wants to inspire more people just like what it did to me on a personal level. 😊
To Ed, thank you for your music. 
❤️️

You May Also Like

0 Comments