Today's Reminder

by - 10:08 PM


I was alone sitting on the floor with my bag, my phone and a lot of unorganized thoughts. Suddenly two students came up to me and asked if I could take some time to listen to them. In my mind 'ayaw karon mga langga palihog lang daghan kog gihuna-huna'. But eventually, I said yes (why not, I could use a little distraction). I asked if para asa ila mini interview, project bah or some stupid dare. They told me their goal is to introduce Jesus to everyone and they want to start in the campus (with all the suicide-related news and whatnot). Nakapangutana gyud ko sa akong kaugaligon 'ing-ana ko ka luoy tan-awon?'. Haha. I took a quick look of my reflection on the glass door in front of me and that's when I knew I really looked like I needed some help with my messy bun and a frowning face that I wore all day.

Seriously though it was a nice act from them. And boy was it timely. It was the very thing that I needed to hear. Sometimes I am so fed up with everything I forget we have a God who's bigger than any problem or even all the problems combined. So instead of constantly doubting yourself, put that energy somewhere positive. Trust that God will provide the needed strength and courage when you ran out of them from your personal tank.

For the most part, I was just really talking to myself. But I survived the awkwardness today. So there's that.

You May Also Like

0 Comments