January 2022 Favorites

by - 5:48 PM


Hello, Feb. Just thought of listing my favorites from the past month. Here goes…

1. MAKEUP

Never, in my entire lifetime, have I imagined that I’d learn to love makeup. Simply saying that makes me cringe in myself. Haha. But recently, I’ve been learning to put them on and I actually enjoyed it! It started when I had to learn how to draw some eyebrows for my mom. When she was in chemotherapy, all her hairs were gone. Including her eyebrows. So I ordered an eyebrow pencil for her. But it was frustrating because I didn’t even know how to draw one (my mom doesn’t know too — I guess the apple indeed doesn’t fall far from the tree). So, in my downtime, I would try it on my face. I’d watch YouTube tutorials for beginners. And boom, I (kinda) learned how to draw her eyebrows. The next thing I know, I was already buying eyeshadows, eyeliner pencil, mascara, and all other paraphernalia that I wouldn’t have ever thought of buying years ago. Lol. For a total beginner like myself, I think I’ve outdone myself just by putting on some foundation. Haha.





2. BOOKS

I vowed at the beginning of the year to read and finish more books this year. So far, I’ve been reading 2 books at a time, and I’m nowhere near finishing either of them. But to be fair, I’ve actually disciplined myself not to buy more books until I finish the unfinished ones. So there’s that.

The 2 books that I’ve been enjoying by far are Never Split The Difference by Chris Voss and Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins. Both of which are from personal experiences. But the first one talks more about how to negotiate as this is written by a former FBI agent who’s on the top of his game during his service. I love that whatever he learned in negotiation during a hostage crisis can also be applied in whatever aspect of life — even in casual conversation. I’m trying to apply the techniques in my daily life as much as I could. By the end of this year, who knows, I might be a good addition to the FBI. Lol. The second book by David Goggins (who by the way is a record-holder of the most pull-ups in 24 hours) is a story about his life and how he had overcome the adversities, from living with an abusive father down to facing prejudice of being a black American. I’m not even halfway through but I’m already greatly inspired by his willpower at such a young age.




3. BANANA SMOOTHIE

Been making banana smoothie during the later part of January to add to my diet. My goodness, it’s so hard to gain back the pounds that I lost last year because of mental struggles which affected my health. But it’s fine. I’m learning to be patient with my progress. I saw this video so I made one myself and damn, I gained almost 1kg in a week. Mind you, that’s a great achievement for someone like me who’s got a fast metabolism. So far, I’m loving the extra calories. I hope and pray that I’ll be consistent with this and also in my… workout. Well, that’s a totally different evil altogether.



4. ZACK TABUDLO PLAYLIST

Finally, you know those days when you don't feel like listening to new songs because you found a playlist that you'd like to abuse. Yup, this is one of those times. And the lucky playlist is from Zack Tabudlo. But seriously though, last month I was just listening to his songs nonstop. It's been a vibe. I wonder if I'll find some new playlist or still stick to my old ones this month. Let's see if I surprise myself.



How about you, care to share your favorite things from last month? xx

You May Also Like

0 Comments