Film Photography and Whatnots | 2021 Favorites

by - 8:55 PM

It’s the first day of 2022 and what better way to start the year than having some 2021 review with our lives.

So, I’m starting this favorites blog (I mean, not that you care) to track my hobbies and some things that keep me sane this year. I know I’m pretty inconsistent.

Here are the top things that I have been enjoying for the past year (actually just for the past months haha):

1. Skillshare
I paid a subscription to skillshare this year just ‘cause I want to hone my skills and learn new things. The top classes that I’ve enrolled in are those from Thomas Frank, Nathaniel Drew, and Ali Abdaal. Most of which are about productivity and organization which I suck at. Others are about content creation like editing videos and how to kind of unleash your creative side. I’m learning a lot and it sure gets overwhelming at times but for the most part, I’m really enjoying it.

2. Final Cut Pro X
I’ve been using Final Cut Pro X since the start of the year. Although I haven’t purchased the whole thing, I’m taking advantage of the free trial for 90 days. Which I can reinstall over and over again. I don’t know if it’s a bug or Apple intentionally leaves that option. Either way, I hope it stays this way until I can finally afford to buy it. Lol

So, I compiled all my 2021 footage. And I realized how all this time, I was just at home due to a work-from-home setup. Not that I’m complaining. I’m grateful to have a job during this uncertain time. However, watching the raw videos, I felt how different this year was from last year. Of course, every year is different. But to be honest, this year has been such a stretch for me. I guess that’s just life. And we have to deal with it. Thank God, I have these videos to reflect on.

3. Film Photography
Months ago, I bought 2 film cameras. One disposable point-and-shoot camera and one mechanical camera. I know, I know. I jumped on the bandwagon. But I wouldn’t have to if it’s not something that really sparks my interest. It just felt so nostalgic. Don’t we all want to go back to that feeling of being a child when life was so simple? I think film does just that. It instantly takes you on a trip down memory lane. Not to mention, the intentionality in every shot that you take makes that still more precious. I guess that’s why our photographs back then have that certain attachment. Or maybe that’s just me. Anyways, it was just recently that I started to use the mechanical camera. I just finished all the shots from the point-and-shoot before I decided to try my luck in a manual one. Damn, it’s fun so far but I don’t know how long I can wait to see the outcome of my film rolls.

4. Books
Like physical books. It was last year when I decided to purchase kindle books because it was more convenient and I was thinking of helping save trees by not buying physical books. But was I naive? I don’t know. Haha. Regardless, this year I just went right back to purchasing physical books. I guess the experience is irreplaceable. Anyways, I read about maybe 10 books in total, most of which are unfinished. What a sucker. This year, I wanna commit to reading (and finishing!) more books. 

So, those are the top things that I deeply enjoyed this year in between moments of just making lectures about calculus. What are yours? I’d love to know them. Have a blast this 2022 xx

You May Also Like

0 Comments