The Only One

by - 1:04 PM


I miss those good morning and good night messages. The random selfies in between our busy days, the 'I miss you's and 'I love you's. I miss the calls, the midnight talks, the virtual jams, the laughs, the nonsense and the sensible discussions, the exchange of random songs and covers, the hopeful thought of being with each other again, the food trip plans, the risks I took and I was willing to take. I miss the comfort of the person who was once a stranger then became one of the most important people in my life... but now a stranger once again.

I'd be lying if I say I don't long for that affection. Because I do. I miss loving somebody (apart from my family and friends) and that somebody loving me back. Because the truth is, it's rare to find that connection, that mutual feeling.

I miss everything about it.

But I must also admit, I'm loving the liberty of rediscovering myself. I love the peace that comes with it. I love the wisdom of knowing that the space vacated by that person need not be filled by another. I love the paradox of taking care of one's self as unselfish- an essential part of filling our own love tank to be able to love others more and better.

I love that a failed relationship doesn't equate to an apocalypse. But an assessment of what went wrong, where to improve, what to tolerate, what not to compromise and asking God's will, above everything else.

I love the gentle reminder of God's perfect and unfailing love despite the imperfection of mankind. That indeed, 'the only One who can truly satisfy the human heart is the One who made it.'

You May Also Like

0 Comments